Vintage market in Budapest, Hungary



So, I just visited the vintage market in Budapest, which takes place at Ötkert, every....I don't even know how often.
The items you will find here may fit very well in your loft.

Not fortunate enough to have one? Me neither! Don't worry though, these nice vintage decor pieces will work in a "normal" flat as well, not just in a loft apartment.

Right after you enter, you feel a nice breeze of warm air, so you will not freeze for sure in the winter either. The market itself is not that big, stuff you can buy is nice though.

Entrance is free!

What can you buy?

Important thing here is that you will find exclusively new items.

How is that even possible??

Well, vintage has 2 meanings:
- an object that is at least 50 years old
- a new item that looks old, A.K.A. vintage

Also, I found that this market appeals more to women, with a lot of "cute" items. Thing is that you will not find any industrial-looking furniture or small stuff.  After all, it is not called 'Industrial market'.
Still, I liked a lot of items myself, so do I count as a woman now? Maybe.

Anyways, photos will do the job here better. I only display those that I liked:

Paintings, with animal-headed figures ;) Would be a nice touch in a loft 
Nice and cozy
Distressing paint live, pretty cool, you can check 'em out here
if interested

Wooden boards






Comments